Friday, May 15, 2015

#twitterquiz: an educational experiment

I recently came across this tweet which makes very innovative use of pictures to ask a multiple choice question.  After some experimentation I made this quiz yesterday



So far, the tweet has received 2,568 impressions and 741 engagements, which is twitter-speak for number of people who saw the tweet and clicked on it, respectively.  This is in large parts thanks to retweets by RealTimeChem, A-Level Chemistry and EiC, each with several thousand followers.

The question is taken straight from my teaching material and 741 is far more students that I reach in a year of teaching at the University of Copenhagen.  Did I just teach my first (Nano)MOCC?

Anyway, since I use peer instruction in all my courses I have tons more questions so this won't be the last #twitterquiz I post.

If you would like to make your own #twitterquiz you can find the images here.


This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0

No comments: